fbpx

By placing bids on items you acknowledge you are entering into a binding and irrevocable agreement to purchase such items as governed by our Terms and Conditions.

1964 DOM PERIGNON, 1964

Duty Paid, 1 bottle, 75cl

ID: 148989

Lot Image in unavailable
Lot Image in unavailable
Arrow

Description

FOR SALE: ONE BOTTLE OF 1964 DOM PERIGNON CHAMPAGNE

This bottle is being sold from my personal collection and is in very good condition for its age. It has been owned by my family for the last 25 years and has been well stored and looked after during that time. The bottle, label, foil, cage and cork are all in very good condition. The contents are clear, with a wispy sediment, normal for chanpagne of this age, that settles very well after a little while.

1964 was an excellent year for DP and although professional tasting notes are not easy to find for older vintage champage, the Cellar Tracker community have, as ever, been very informative and is very praisewothy of this still excellent champagne. Please find as follows, a few of the comments available:

Community Tasting Notes (average 94.8 pts. and median of 95 pts. in 15 notes)
Tasted by sgullberg on 2/19/2010 & rated 98 points: (407 views)
Tasted by sgullberg on 2/17/2010 & rated 97 points: (409 views)
Tasted by King Angry on 10/28/2009: although the fill on this was a touch low it was an outstanding example of one of my favorite champagnes. Lively effervescence good structure with some white chocolate, caramel, coffee and almonds. Yellow fruits peeking through. Staggering minus (737 views)
Tasted by BradE on 9/8/2009: DP at Acker pre-party. (Bouley NYC): A virtually perfect bottle of 64 DP. Simply mindblowing. Side by side with the 62 which was also incredible. Only next to the 64 could the 62 be anything but perfect. Tough competition. (846 views)
Tasted by Samantha on 8/17/2009 & rated 93 points: More caramel, toffee and sherry than the '69. Darker in color and not as fresh. It still had the peach but not as distictive and the sherry flavors were a bit more powerful than the fruit. Still had that biscuit note and improved in the glass. This tasted exactly the same as the last two bottles which all came from different sources. These just dont seem to be holding up as well as the '69 and '66 (991 views)
Tasted by Samantha on 7/25/2009 & rated 94 points: I wanted to have this with oysters, but it is a little to flabby. Not in the same league as the '66, but still a nice wine. The '66 is more peach and apricots, while this is more coffee, sherry, nutty, and some citrus (967 views)
Tasted by Jossik on 5/31/2009 & rated 96 points: Colore rosato, all'inizio una botta di albicocca secca e pasticceria. In in bocca è ancora frizzante, al di là dell'emozione grande vino. Poi esce il tipico biscottino plasmon, e in bocca sembr aun grande whiskey senza alcool. Uno dei migliori champagne mai bevuti (985 views)

A sensible reserve has been placed on this bottle that is both very fair and commensurate with the age, condition and profile.

This bottle will be sent well packaged and fully insured, to the winning bidder on receipt of cleared payment. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions. Please also see my other bottles for sale.
Arrow

Item Details

Item ID:

Name:

1964 DOM PERIGNON

Quantity / Size:

1 bottles, 75cl each

Duty Status:

Duty Paid

Country / Region:

France, Champagne

Ended:

1st Mar 2019 10:00

Arrow

Shipping

UK - £25. Overseas - please ask. Postage within UK will be by way of Royal Mail Special Delivery - which is both next day (usually) and fully insured. Most couriers do not insure glass containers.
Buyer
UK only - can post overseas if required, but please email me before bidding to ask for cost.

1964 DOM PERIGNON, 1964

Arrow

Description

FOR SALE: ONE BOTTLE OF 1964 DOM PERIGNON CHAMPAGNE

This bottle is being sold from my personal collection and is in very good condition for its age. It has been owned by my family for the last 25 years and has been well stored and looked after during that time. The bottle, label, foil, cage and cork are all in very good condition. The contents are clear, with a wispy sediment, normal for chanpagne of this age, that settles very well after a little while.

1964 was an excellent year for DP and although professional tasting notes are not easy to find for older vintage champage, the Cellar Tracker community have, as ever, been very informative and is very praisewothy of this still excellent champagne. Please find as follows, a few of the comments available:

Community Tasting Notes (average 94.8 pts. and median of 95 pts. in 15 notes)
Tasted by sgullberg on 2/19/2010 & rated 98 points: (407 views)
Tasted by sgullberg on 2/17/2010 & rated 97 points: (409 views)
Tasted by King Angry on 10/28/2009: although the fill on this was a touch low it was an outstanding example of one of my favorite champagnes. Lively effervescence good structure with some white chocolate, caramel, coffee and almonds. Yellow fruits peeking through. Staggering minus (737 views)
Tasted by BradE on 9/8/2009: DP at Acker pre-party. (Bouley NYC): A virtually perfect bottle of 64 DP. Simply mindblowing. Side by side with the 62 which was also incredible. Only next to the 64 could the 62 be anything but perfect. Tough competition. (846 views)
Tasted by Samantha on 8/17/2009 & rated 93 points: More caramel, toffee and sherry than the '69. Darker in color and not as fresh. It still had the peach but not as distictive and the sherry flavors were a bit more powerful than the fruit. Still had that biscuit note and improved in the glass. This tasted exactly the same as the last two bottles which all came from different sources. These just dont seem to be holding up as well as the '69 and '66 (991 views)
Tasted by Samantha on 7/25/2009 & rated 94 points: I wanted to have this with oysters, but it is a little to flabby. Not in the same league as the '66, but still a nice wine. The '66 is more peach and apricots, while this is more coffee, sherry, nutty, and some citrus (967 views)
Tasted by Jossik on 5/31/2009 & rated 96 points: Colore rosato, all'inizio una botta di albicocca secca e pasticceria. In in bocca è ancora frizzante, al di là dell'emozione grande vino. Poi esce il tipico biscottino plasmon, e in bocca sembr aun grande whiskey senza alcool. Uno dei migliori champagne mai bevuti (985 views)

A sensible reserve has been placed on this bottle that is both very fair and commensurate with the age, condition and profile.

This bottle will be sent well packaged and fully insured, to the winning bidder on receipt of cleared payment. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions. Please also see my other bottles for sale.
Arrow

Item Details

Item ID:

Name:

1964 DOM PERIGNON

Quantity / Size:

1 bottles, 75cl each

Duty Status:

Duty Paid

Country / Region:

France, Champagne

Ended:

1st Mar 2019 10:00

Arrow

Shipping

UK - £25. Overseas - please ask. Postage within UK will be by way of Royal Mail Special Delivery - which is both next day (usually) and fully insured. Most couriers do not insure glass containers.
Buyer
UK only - can post overseas if required, but please email me before bidding to ask for cost.
  • 0% Buyer's Premium Information

There is no Buyer's Premium on this lot. What you bid is what you pay.

About this Seller

Full StarFull StarFull StarFull StarFull Star (105)

Payment Methods

Seller accepts:

cheque, bank transfer and Cash on collection.